Our first short course in painting on wood with gold backgrounds is being launched thanks to the recent collaboration between the Institute for Art and Restoration and the Fondazione per il Centro Studi in Orvieto, a beautiful city with very important art heritage.
The course in painting on wood with gold backgrounds introduces participants to the pictorial technique of egg tempera on a gold background.
Training and Location
The course will take place from Monday to Friday every afternoon from 14 till 18 for a total of 40 hours.
A second edition of the course will be held from 21 to 31 October 2019.
The course will be held at Palazzo Simoncelli in Piazza del Popolo, 18, Orvieto.
The course is open to all participants, both Italian and international. No previous experience is necessary.
- Introduction to techniques with the study of the materials used
- Camottatura or cloth covering
- Ammannitura preparation of drawing on paper.
- Transfer of the drawing to the panel
- Decorations in relief with stucco
- Application of bole
- Application of gold leaf
- Punching if necessary
- Painting with egg tempera
- Protective finishing