Florence has the highest concentration of masterpieces and people working in heritage conservation in the world and it provides the best opportunities to acquire and perfect knowledge and skills for the protection of cultural heritage.
The Restoration of Contemporary Art course is organised in collaboration with the Associazione Bastioni and with prestigious contemporary art galleries in Florence. The course aims to provide students with knowledge of restoration techniques for contemporary art made of different materials and the problems linked to their deterioration.
Contact Hours and Location
From Monday to Friday every afternoon from 13.30 to 17.30 for a total of 80 hours.
The course will be held in Via Maggio, 13, and in our laboratories in Via delle Casine 21/rosso in Florence.
The course is open to all participants, Italian and international. The course is taught in Italian. Due to the practical nature of the course, an elementary level of the language is sufficient to participate.
A certificate of attendance is issued to all participants at the end of the course, and a credit certificate (4 UFC).
- Sectors and techniques for restoration
- Introduction to contemporary art history
- A "Coffee with a Gallery Manager", a custodian and creator of works of art
- Technology of materials, research and studies on different techniques
- Diagnostics and new technologies for restoration
- Graphics and photography, creating an action plan
- Condition Report
Practical lessons will be based on works of art by international artists Mauro Staccioli, Renato Rinaldi and Jan Fabre.