The first edition of the short course in restoration of archaeological ceramics is being launched thanks to the recent collaboration between the Institute for Art and Restoration and Fondazione per il Centro Studi in Orvieto. The course will give participants knowledge of archaeological digs and help the develop a theoretical and practical approach to restoration of archaeological artefacts from the area around Orvieto.
Timetable and Location
From Monday to Friday every morning from 09.00 to 13.00 for a total of 80 hours.
The course will be held in Palazzo Simoncelli in Piazza del Popolo, 18, Orvieto and at archaeological digs.
The course is open to all participants, both Italian and international. No previous experience is necessary.
At the end of the course a certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants.
- Onsite excavation at the Necropolis of the Orvieto Area
- Classification of fragments and reconstruction techniques.
- Study of deterioration due to chemical and atmospheric agents.
- Mechanical and chemical cleaning techniques.
- Consolidation techniques.
- Reconstruction and integration with wax and gesso.
- Pictorial integration techniques.
Istituto per l'Arte e il Restauro
from 01/07/2019 to 26/07/2019
from 02/09/2019 to 27/09/2019